Throughout our 12 Days Of LUX video series, we’ve given you a multitude of tips and tricks for creating the perfect holiday home… but what’s a Christmas-ready dining table without food to fill it?
For our 7th Day Of LUX, we’re taking you through two simple recipes that are the perfect treats for a small holiday gathering. A sweet pavlova dessert and a tart, bubbly cocktail will get your guests warmed up in no time after braving the cold outdoors!
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups raw sugar or extra fine granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- whipping cream
- optional: other fruit and/or nuts, such as pomegranate, kiwi, pear, hazelnuts, almonds, etc
- Set oven to 300°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form when dipping a spoon into the egg whites
- Slowly mix in sugar until combined
- Add salt
- Turn the mixer to the highest setting and whip until soft peaks form when dipping a spoon into the mixture
- Spoon mixture onto the baking sheet
- Smooth out into a 2 inch layer
- Add swirls and peaks around the edge for a nice design
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour. Keep an eye on the pavlova to make sure it does not brown. Do not open the oven!
- Once the the pavlova has finished baking, turn the oven off and leave the pavlova in the oven until completely cool (preferably overnight).
- Remove the pavlova from the oven and transfer it to a serving plate carefully, keeping the parchment paper underneath it.
- Decorate the pavlova and serve it to wow your guests!
- Don’t worry if the pavlova collapses in places. The whipping cream will hide any broken parts.
- This recipe is easy to double or even triple!
- You can make some lemon curd with the unused egg yolks if you are not one to waste produce.
Tracey’s Pink Drink
- 1 cup champagne
- 2 cups pink lemonade
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- sugar sticks
- pink salt and/or sugar to rim glasses
- lime slices
- Combine all ingredients.
- Rim glasses using a lime slice, then dip the rims in the sugar and/or salt.
- Serve with sugar sticks and/or lime slices as a garnish.
- Serve and enjoy at your holiday gathering!